Everyone can make a difference and help reduce food waste! Here are 8 tips to reduce food waste at home:
- Inventory your fridge before shopping.
- Store foods properly to keep freshness.
- Eat older foods first.
- Have leftovers for lunch the next day.
- Freeze fresh foods and leftovers to be used later on.
- Repurpose leftovers into new recipes. Stale bread makes great croutons!
- Dates on the labels often refer to peak freshness, not food safety.
- Start a compost pile.
Contact us if you’re interested in learning more!